If you would like to become a member of our club, here is the process to follow:
- First, we require all members be insured by the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC). If you already have MAAC membership, please make sure your membership is in good standing and paid for the current calendar year. If you are not yet a MAAC member, you can join by clicking on the following link: Join MAAC. MAAC will issue you a new member card by email with your new MAAC member number. You will need this number to join the club.
- Fill out the electronic application form located here: New Member Application and submit it. All fields are required and your MAAC membership information will be verified after your application has been submitted. After you sent it you will receive additional information in email to complete your registration.
- If you have any questions please contact the Treasurer, Bruce Gillespie or any other club executive to review your application, confirm the correct fee or to answer any questions about the club.
- After we receive your application and payment, please allow us 24-48 hours to issue you a club member card. Member cards are issued in electronic form and can be downloaded from the web site. If you have not yet received your member card but you received the email notice that your application has been approved, you can access the field by showing the confirmation email.
- You must always remember to bring both your MAAC card and club member card to the field if you plan on flying as a student or pilot. You will first be assigned a “Student” status until our chief instructor (Randall Thomas) clears you to become a full “Pilot”. Contact him through the Contact Us page on the website to begin flight instruction or take a flight test if you are already an experienced RC pilot. Either way, he will first arrange a meeting to review our field operations and safety protocols with you.
- Welcome to the exciting world of radio control flying. Good Luck!