If you would like to become a member of our club, here is the process to follow:
- First, we require all members be insured by the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC). If you already have MAAC membership, please make sure your membership is in good standing and paid for the current calendar year. If you are not yet a MAAC member, you can join by clicking on the following link: Join MAAC. MAAC will issue you a new member card by email with your new MAAC member number. You will need this number to join the club.
- Download the club application form by clicking on the following link: Club Application Form. The form is also available in the Library Section of the web site. Complete the form and sign both pages.
- With the form filled out, contact the Treasurer, Bruce Gillespie by email or phone to review your application and verify that you have calculated the correct fee. You may contact the Treasurer through the Contact Us page of the web site. His address and phone number are also on the form. You can then mail in your application by regular mail with payment by cheque, or submit it by email and pay by interac e-transfer. The Treasurer will provide you with instructions for interac payments.
- After we receive your application and payment, you will be issued a club member card either by regular mail or email. You must always remember to bring both your MAAC card and club member card to the field if you plan on flying as a student or pilot. Either way, new members must contact our Chief Flight Instructor, Randall Thomas to arrange to be cleared as a pilot or to begin flight instruction. You can contact him through the Contact Us page of the web site.
- Welcome to the exciting world of radio control flying. Good Luck!