The COVID-19 outbreak will forever change how we live, work and play. It is too early to assess the impact this will have on our hobby but we must all act responsibly and do our part to fight this terrible virus. On March 24th, Chris Brownhill, our Zone Director issued his recommendation to all Zone L members to stay home. Now the discussion is over since the City of Toronto issued a ruling on March 25th to close all city parks and they have locked the gate to Thackeray Park.
Our permit for the use of the field is issued by the City of Toronto, Parks and Recreation. We have submitted our permit renewal application which would have taken affect on May 1st but with all City offices closed due to the virus, I would not be surprised if there is a delay in processing our permit. We will keep you posted on any developments.